Founded in 1915 in St.Louis, MO (USA) the Steelcote Manufacturing Company produced rubber enamel coatings and automotive brush-applied enamel. By the mid-1930's, Steelcote brand products were sold in most countries around the world. In 1992 the company was sold and the 5-building complex was slowly transitioned to other use. in 2007 building number 5 was added to the National Register of Historic Places. Building number 5 has not been in use sense 1992 and remains abandoned.